Thursday 2 July 2015

Could you put a Property Price on these 7 Weird and Wonderful homes of NZ?

When the mood kicks in it is always great to escape out of Auckland and do a road trip.  When you take your time I have always been astounded by the scope of weird and wonderful architecture in unexpected pockets of the country.  


A home fit for a princess

When I was little I always wanted to be a princess,  with its own turret I could have pretended to be Rapunzel in Larnach Castle, a real castle right here in New Zealand.



Star Wars


My little brothers however were far more into Star Wars and this home which was feature of a recent Trademe Competition would have created a space of their own and  transported them to a galaxy far far away.  





Old Mother Hubbard could have lived here



The boot house down in Nelson is a dream come true for all the little kids who dream of living a nursery rhyme life.  A house like this deserves to be full of happy laughing children climbing all over the top and sliding down the sides!







 The life of a Gypsy

When I got a little bit older it the travel bug kicked in and I would have dearly loved one of these gypsy house trucks to live the life of an adventurer to travel the length of New Zealand.



The Hobbit Hole

Down in Rotorua we discovered a hobbit lover has built their own wonderful hobbit hole to while away the days in.  Lucky for us our son has never seen this or the star wars house or I think we would be forced to pack up a moving van and move out of Auckland in a heartbeat!





The famous Tirau Dog


It's not a house but if it ever came up for sale the Visitor Information centre in Tirau would make the most incredible house for all the dog lovers out there, whenever we drive on through I quickly distract my dog loving daughter so we are forced to stop and take the never ending doggy photos.  




Oh to live a life by the sea


Home to the poet Sam Hunt for many a year, when I used to travel regularly to Wellington for business often, I always coveted the charming boatsheds all around the Wellington Coastline.  Though years later I eventually got my wish to live by the sea in the wild west coast of Auckland, I would have much preferred on of these to a sterile hotel room any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment